Thanks to widely-popularized educational and neuroscientific research, it seems like everyone is (finally!) talking about progressive education! We all want our children to be engaged citizens, stewards of the earth, joyful learners, and innovative thinkers—a radical idea when Green Acres School championed it in the 1930s. Now we know that cultivating this type of scholarship and leadership is more essential than ever—and Green Acres is proud to be among the original progressive schools in the nation.
On Sunday, October 28 from 1:30-3:30 PM, families are invited to discover what authentic progressive education looks like at Green Acres School’s “Hands-On, Not Heads-Down!” Discovery Day. The afternoon will showcase all that progressive education has to offer through a variety of challenging, engaging, and fun activities. Learn more here.
There's something for everyone at Discovery Day and this event is not to be missed. Current and prospective families are welcome, as well as curious community members! RSVP to Judy: email@example.com.
Green Acres Graduates...
- Use their solid intellectual foundation, creativity, and strong ethical framework to pursue their passions;
- Know themselves as learners and are comfortable with themselves as people;
- Take a collaborative, team-oriented approach to leadership;
- Are optimistic agents of change who practice an exceptional commitment to making a difference;
- Embrace differences and celebrate the strengths of others;
- Are driven learners who embrace challenge;
- Emerge as leaders in their communities, achieving success in a wide variety of disciplines.