Community Book Discussion on Racism and Biases
Green Acres School Inclusion and Diversity Committee invites you to a “Community Book Discussion on Racism and Biases” on Thursday, October 3, 2019, from 7–8:30 PM. The evening presents opportunities to connect with other community members in thoughtful conversation encompassing varied perspectives and experiences with racism presented in these books:
- Ta-Nehisi Coates: Between the World and Me
- Jennifer Harvey: Raising White Kids in a Racially Unjust World
- Michelle Alexander: The New Jim Crow
- Angie Thomas: The Hate U Give
- Irene Latham and Charles Waters: Can I Touch Your Hair?
Haven’t read any of the books? That is totally okay. All are welcome and encouraged to lend their voices to this powerful discussion. Light refreshments and childcare (Green Acres students) provided.
Please RSVP below, indicating which book(s) you are interested in.
For more information or questions: Contact Kakki Lewis, Julia Lee, or Mary Sing.