Thanks to widely-popularized educational and neuroscientific research, it seems like everyone is (finally!) talking about progressive education! We all want our children to be engaged citizens, stewards of the earth, joyful learners, and innovative thinkers—a radical idea when Green Acres School championed it in the 1930s. Now we know that cultivating this type of scholarship and leadership is more essential than ever—and Green Acres is proud to be among the original progressive schools in the nation.
On Sunday, October 28 from 1:30-3:30 PM, families are invited to discover what authentic progressive education looks like at Green Acres School’s “Hands-On, Not Heads-Down!” Discovery Day. The afternoon will showcase all that progressive education has to offer through a variety of challenging, engaging, and fun activities. Learn more here.
There's something for everyone at Discovery Day and this event is not to be missed. Current and prospective families are welcome, as well as curious community members! RSVP to Judy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Acres School Calendar
173 scheduled days of school
Tuesday - October 2, 2018
- All School Spring Music Concert 8:45 AM
- Admission Volunteer Breakfast 8:30 AM
- Class of 2018 Yearbook Event 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Grands & Special Friends Day 1:00 PM to 2:45 PM
- High School Interview Practice for 8th Grade Students & Parents 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- Auction Committee Meeting 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM
- Board Meeting 6:30 PM
- GASPA Meeting 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM
- GASPA Hayride 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- 7th Grade Parent Coffee 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM
- 3rd & 4th Grade October/November Birthday Celebration 8:15 AM to 8:40 AM
- 6th Grade Parent Coffee 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM
- Peru Exchange Information Session for 7th Grade Parents 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Discovery Day 1:30 PM
- Conference Sign Up Deadline 12:00 PM
- Halloween Parade 8:45 AM