High School & Beyond
At Green Acres School, we prepare our students for entry into an impressive range of high schools by instilling in them the skills to make them attractive candidates for admission. With the high caliber and competitive nature of the high school admission process, you will feel confident in our approach to helping you find the right high school for your child.
Why are our students highly sought after by high schools and successful in life beyond college?
1. Green Acres is recognized as a national leader in pre-high school education.
- 90% of our students are accepted into their first choice high schools.
- We have a deep and trusted relationship with the most competitive high schools in Maryland, Virginia & the District.
2. We build future leaders in a way only a Pre-K to grade 8 school can.
- Culminating in grade 8, our students prepare as leaders outside the shadow of high school.
- Our concentrated focus on the ages we serve creates a program undiluted by the demands of a larger program.
- The application process to high school prepares students and parents for the college process.
3. Green Acres prepares students to thrive, not just get accepted into high school.
- We work with students and parents through every step of the admission process to find the right school, help them put their best foot forward, and advocate on their behalf.
- Our program focuses on developing both core academic and interpersonal skills that are critical in high school and in life.
- Graduates attend the most selective colleges, including Ivy League universities, apex engineering programs, and top liberal arts colleges.
- Our students rise up the ranks in the real world due to the collaborative leadership skills they gained by practicing them daily at Green Acres.
- Many of our students take to heart our adage of being makers and risk takers and become accomplished entrepreneurs.
|Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School*|
|Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School*|
|Charles H. Flowers High School|
|De Nieuwe Internationale School van Esprit (The Netherlands)|
|Duke Ellington School of the Arts|
|Edmund Burke School*|
|Garrison Forest School|
|Georgetown Day School*|
|Gonzaga College High School|
|Holton Arms School*|
|Millbrook School (NY)|
|Montgomery Blair, Magnet Program*|
|National Cathedral School*|
|Northwest High School|
|Our Lady of Good Counsel High School|
|Quince Orchard High School*|
|Richard Montgomery High School|
|Richard Montgomery High School - IB Program|
|Sandy Spring Friends School*|
|Sidwell Friends School*|
|St. Albans School|
|St. Andrew's Episcopal School*|
|St. John's College High School*|
|St. Johnsbury Academy (VT)|
|Stamford American International School (Singapore)|
|Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart|
|The Field School*|
|The Potomac School|
|Thomas S. Wootton High School*|
|Walt Whitman High School*|
|Walter Johnson High School*|
*More than one graduate enrolled
|Berklee College of Music|
|Carnegie Mellon University, College of Engineering|
|College of Charleston*|
|Howard Community College|
|James Madison University|
|Loyola University Maryland|
|Maryland Institute College of Art*|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Mount Allison University|
|Mt. Holyoke College|
|North Idaho College, Culinary Arts Program|
|Northwestern University, McCormick School of Engineering|
|Ohio Wesleyan University|
|Pennsylvania State University|
|Rochester Institute of Technology*|
|The George Washington University*|
|University of Arizona*|
|University of California, Los Angeles|
|University of Chicago|
|University of Colorado, Boulder|
|University of Delaware|
|University of Maryland*|
|University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|University of Massachusetts, Amherst|
|University of Pennsylvania*|
|University of St. Andrews, Scotland|
|University of Toronto|
|University of Vermont|
|University of Virginia*|
|University of Wisconsin|
|Virginia Commonwealth School of the Arts|
|Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|Washington University in St. Louis*|
*More than one graduate enrolled