- Although 80% of the camp’s physical plant is air-conditioned, a lot of time is spent outside, so this can be a hot job!
- All Junior Camp staff and Lifeguards get in the pool every day. All new staff will need to pass a swimming test before camp starts.
- Counselors eat lunch with their homeroom groups. Junior Camp staff units meet once a week during the camp day for planning and coordination. Each staff member gets a short break each day.
- Staff members are paid every three weeks. Each staff group has a salary range that is determined by seniority and experience. CITs are paid a stipend in the range of $2406 to $2459; beginning Counselors make approximately $2511; Head Counselors’ salaries begin at about $3603; and Unit Leaders’ salaries begin at about $4566. Pool CITs start at $2779; Pool Counselors start at $3000; Pool Head Counselors start at about $4340. Since this is a temporary job, no health insurance or other benefits are offered.
- When camp units have an Extended Day or an overnight, the Counselors for that unit must stay after 3:30 PM (Units B & C) or overnight (Unit D).