Thanks to widely-popularized educational and neuroscientific research, it seems like everyone is (finally!) talking about progressive education! We all want our children to be engaged citizens, stewards of the earth, joyful learners, and innovative thinkers—a radical idea when Green Acres School championed it in the 1930s. Now we know that cultivating this type of scholarship and leadership is more essential than ever—and Green Acres is proud to be among the original progressive schools in the nation.
On Sunday, October 28 from 1:30-3:30 PM, families are invited to discover what authentic progressive education looks like at Green Acres School’s “Hands-On, Not Heads-Down!” Discovery Day. The afternoon will showcase all that progressive education has to offer through a variety of challenging, engaging, and fun activities. Learn more here.
There's something for everyone at Discovery Day and this event is not to be missed. Current and prospective families are welcome, as well as curious community members! RSVP to Judy: email@example.com.
Our camp website will be updated by November 15, 2018. Please check back!
- The camp has 320 campers ages 3-12 and 90 staff members.
- Click here to request a tour.
- Priority Registration: December 1, 2017 - January 3, 2018; online only.
- New Registration: January 9, 2018 at 10:00 AM; online only.
- 2018 Junior Camp for Kreative Kangaroos and Units A & B: June 25 - August 3, 2018.
- 2018 Unit C & Senior Camp: June 25 - July 13, 2018 and/or July 16 - August 3, 2018. One additional flex week may be added to either session.
- There is no camp on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
- Camp Hours: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM; AM Care 7:45 - 9:00 AM; PM Care 3:00 - 6:00 PM.
- Click here for information on camp financial aid.
Please click on a question and the answer will appear below it.
Registration varies from year to year and there are no guarantees, but if you register on the first day when the online system opens, we are able to accommodate most of the people interested in signing up. Occasionally, in the younger groups, we will put up to 15 people on a waitlist and return any applications over that.