You have 1 PagePop. View
From 1:30-3:30 PM on Sunday, October 20, Discovery Day returns to showcase the spectacular things that we do here at Green Acres. There will be activities with our teachers for children Pre-K through 8th, storytime & movement for the little ones, solar cooking in the greenhouse and GlowForge laser printing for the older ones, teacher-led tours, an obstacle course in the gym, and time to explore our incredible outdoor space, among other activities! Prospective and current families alike are welcome. RSVP to Judy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Acres School students receive homework assignments starting in Grade 3. Our approach to homework is guided by the following points:
- Homework should not be “busy work”—homework is thoughtfully assigned to build skills and understanding and to give time for reflection.
- We want our students to understand the reasons behind their assignments.
- Assignments are given to help students to develop the habits of organization and responsibility, developing an even greater sense of ownership.
- All homework is developmentally appropriate, both in amount and in what it demands, and this differs by grade level.
- We recognize that there’s a tipping point. Homework can become counterproductive to learning and to help children develop their understanding–we strive to find the right balance.
- We want to work in partnership with you. We recognize that kids differ and that how they and you approach the homework process can be quite unique to families.