Yes! Click here for more information and our bus stop locations.
Students applying to Grades 1-8 visit for a full day with their current peer group. They spend time with students and transition in small and large groups throughout the day. They work on multiple math and literacy based activities with teachers and participate in regularly scheduled Special Subject periods. Observations and assessments are made by our teachers during the student visit. This visit, together with the parent interview and information parents arrange to send about their children, provides the material we need to determine a successful match.
At Green Acres, we begin the process of helping families feel part of the community right away.
During the Green Acres Admission Process:
- Staff and current parents make personal contacts with families.
- Applicants visit with their Green Acres peers and begin to make friends.
- Greetings from Green Acres emails keep you informed.
- The New Parents Breakfast in March provides answers to your questions.
New Family Liaisons, assigned to each new family, begin their year-long association with you to welcome you, answer your questions, and help you and your child make contacts, essentially guiding you through the year. Liaisons attend many school events with you.
- New Families Pizza Party in May – at Green Acres!
- Summer Popsicles on the Green Acres Playground: relaxed times for families in each grade to make connections with new folks. Individual summer play dates are often arranged during these events.
- During the first week of school – admission staff and teachers walk new students to their classrooms until they feel comfortable on their own.
- Welcome Breakfast and Orientation for New Parents – Early September
- New Parents Board Reception – Mid September
- Back to School Nights – Mid September
- All School Family Picnic – Late September
- Parent Coffees and many more activities through the year.