Steps to Apply
Welcome! We are excited about your interest in Green Acres School and we look forward to meeting you and getting to know your family.
Upcoming Open House Events
- Wednesday, 10/16/19- Squish, Squash, Splash! (8:30-10 AM)
- Sunday, 10/20/19 – Discovery Day (1:30-3:30 PM)
- Monday, 11/11/19– Admission Open House (9 AM)
- Saturday, 12/7/19– Play, Explore, Learn! (10-11:30 AM)
- Wednesday, 12/11/19 – Walk-in Wednesday Open House (9 AM)
- Wednesday, 1/8/20– Parent-to-Parent Evening Open House (6:30-8 PM) (dinner & childcare)
- Friday, 1/10/20 - Admission Open House (9-11:30 AM)
- Wednesday, 1/15/20 – Financial Aid Information Evening (6:30-7:30 PM) (dinner & childcare)
- Wednesday, 3/25/20- Walk-in Wednesday Open House (9 AM)
- Wednesday, 4/22/20 - Walk-in Wednesday Open House (9 AM)
- Wednesday, 5/6/20 - Walk-in Wednesday Open House (9 AM)
Tour our campus and learn about the grade(s) that interest you. To reserve a space, please click here.
You can apply online, or print and mail an application to the school. The $75 application fee may be paid online with a credit card or you may send a check with your application payable to Green Acres School.
Once we receive your application and fee, we will call you to schedule a parent interview and a school visit for your child.
For more information, please contact us.
Applicants to Pre-K and K participate in a group visit. If the application deadline has passed, prospective students are scheduled for a visit with the current class and will visit for part of a day.
Students applying to Grades 1–8 will visit for one full day in the classroom.
We will contact you to schedule the student visits. For detailed information about our applicant visiting days, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Applicants to 1st through 8th grades are required to submit the results of a recent admission evaluation. This evaluation may be administered by an educational diagnostician of your choice.
- For applicants to Pre-K and K, admission testing is optional. If you have had admission testing done, we welcome you to share it with us.
- Applicants to 1st grade (up to age 6) are required to take the WPPSI-IV.
- Applicants to 2nd–5th grade (or those 6 and over) are required to take the WISC-V.
- Applicants to 6th–8th grade are required to take the WISC-V (preferred), SSAT, or ISEE.
Click here for more information and a list of a few testing centers. We include the list for your reference. It is not comprehensive and we do not endorse one center over any others. It is important to note that your child may be tested by any qualified tester you choose, whether or not they are on the attached list.
If you are applying to the 6th–8th grade and choose to take either the ISEE or SSAT, please find complete registration and fee information on the websites for ISEE and SSAT. The Green Acres code for the ISEE is 211158. For the SSAT it is 3561.
For applicants to Pre-K-8th: Please arrange to have your child’s complete current year and previous year's school records and two student recommendation forms (completed by your child's main teachers) sent directly to the Admission Office.
We also accept recommendation forms from The Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington (AISGW).
Nina Chibber, Director of Admission, Grades Pre-K–1
Sara Huneke, Associate Director of Admission, Grades 2–8
Judy Shniderman, Admission Assistant
Phone: 301.881.4100 x189