Green Acres School Employment
Green Acres staff enjoy a friendly and supportive work environment. The School seeks employees who will contribute to the community in ways that inspire our students to appreciate diversity, understand the importance of protecting the environment, and learn to respect and care for others.
The School offers competitive salaries, a benefits package that is among the best in the area, and a wide range of opportunities for professional development. All staff receive tuition remission for children attending Green Acres School.
Green Acres School does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; sex; gender identity and expression; pregnancy; national, ethnic or ancestral origin; age; marital status; sexual orientation; disability; genetic information; or military service in the administration of its education, admissions, employment, and financial aid policies, and all school-administered programs. Green Acres School will reasonably accommodate an individual’s physical or mental disability as required by law. Green Acres School will also reasonably accommodate an individual’s religious obligations as required by law. Further information relating to reasonable accommodation is available from the Head’s Office.
The Green Acres School Extended Day Program (EDP) operates from 2:30–6 PM Monday–Friday providing childcare for children ages 3–14 years old who attend Green Acres School. EDP staff participate and assist in the program's activities to provide a nurturing and positive environment for the children in our care.
As part-time employees, EDP staff are paid for school holidays, as well as prorated personal leave and sick leave. EDP staff also may qualify to substitute teach during the school day or teach after-school enrichment classes.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to relate well with children and parents
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Holds a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalence
- Has completed courses for credit from a college/university
- Has successfully completed 6 semesters hours or 90 clock hours of approved Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) training
- Possesses at least 400 hours of experience working under supervision primarily with school age children in a licensed center, public or private school OR possesses a combination of college that includes 6 semester hours of approved classes and experience that equals one year.
- Has successfully completed approved pre-employment training
- Has completed Mandatory Continued Education as required by MSDE
- Possesses or will obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Has clear FBI/State Fingerprint reports
Please submit cover letter, resume, and Green Acres School Employment Application form by email: email@example.com or by mail: Green Acres School, Extended Day Program, 11701 Danville Drive, North Bethesda, MD 20852, or fax materials to 301.881.3319.
Please be ready to supply transcripts, certifications, or other documents verifying your qualifications as outlined by the State of Maryland.
Questions may be addressed to Gwen Garfinkle, Director of Extended Day, at firstname.lastname@example.org.