The full Green Acres community takes an active role to support diversity initiatives at the School. Our Board Diversity Committee and Staff Diversity Committee meet regularly to facilitate a broad range of initiatives.
- The Board Committee works to promote policy, strategic planning, affinity groups, and activities for the School community in support of diversity at Green Acres.
- The Staff Diversity Committee concentrates on enhancing our curriculum and promoting inclusive programs and events for students, staff, and families. It addresses topics and questions that arise in relation to curricular programs, issues within the student body, staff issues and connections, and diversity topics for the entire School to consider.
SEED Seminars for Parents and Staff
Green Acres offers SEED Seminars (Seeking Educational Equity & Diversity) for our parents and staff. These seminars provide opportunities to examine our identity and deepen our understanding while raising our level of consciousness and strengthening our school community. We invite all families to consider joining this conversation for a dynamic year of self-reflection and discussion.
Originally devised as a staff-development equity project, SEED sessions today also engage parents and even students in thought-provoking discussions and activities that promote self- reflection on personal experience relating to broad life topics, including diversity topics. The seminars are designed to enable time for self-reflection and connections with others from readings, activities, and discussions on various topics and issues that we encounter daily in our School and through personal experiences.
Our Diversity Coordinator teams with the Admission Office and the School Administration to participate in various programs and job fairs, including:
- NAIS People of Color Conference for staff of color
- EastEd workshops for Admission, Development, and Administration seminar for Hiring and Retaining Staff of Color
- AIMS MD/DC
- The Black Student Fund Fair
- The Latino Student Fund Fair