Week One of Camp in the Books!
Our first week has come to a close, and everyone has been having a blast! Moms and dads are surely anxious to know what their children have been doing, but with so many activities, new friends, and exciting experiences, your child might answer with, “I don’t know” when asked about his or her favorite activity. Here are a few tips to help glean some information from your children:
- Jr campers participate in specials every day including; Kaleidoscope (art), explorers (science), carpenters (woodworking), and dance jam (dance). Referring to these specific activities will help campers to focus on fun activities that they experienced during the week.
- With these hot and hazy days of summer, campers have been swimming in our beautiful pool on a daily basis. Ask about lessons and free swim, too!
- Campers have been bringing home all sorts of creations they have made at camp. Take time to ask about how they made them and what they learned.
- Ask your child if he/she can tell you the names of some of the new friends in his/her unit. Counselors make a real effort to introduce campers to one another and play games to help learn one another’s names. You may want to set up play dates for your child to foster new friendships.
- Finally, check out all the fun through your Camp In Touch account. Click on “photos” and the “Summer Scoop” to learn more!
Green Acres: it’s the place to be!
Choose groups to clone to: