Registration & Enrollment
The CampMinder registration system works best when you use Chrome or Firefox. (Chrome seems to work best on an iPad.) To register, submit online a completed application form, $65 processing fee, and $250 tuition deposit:
- Only online applications are accepted.
- Payment can be made by eCheck or personal check or by credit card. A 2% convenience fee will be added to all credit card charges. Applications are processed upon receipt and the $65.00 processing fee and $250.00 deposit are non-refundable.
- An email confirmation will be sent to you within 48 hours of application. If there are no spots available, your application will be placed on a waitlist. If you are not offered a space from the waitlist or you do not wish to remain on the waitlist, your deposit will be returned. The processing fee is non-refundable.
Priority registration is given to 2019 Green Acres School Summer Camp campers and their siblings, Green Acres School students and their siblings, children of Green Acres School alumna/alumnus, and campers who remained on the waitlist as of May 1, 2019.
Priority applications are processed upon receipt and the $65.00 processing fee and $250.00 deposit are non-refundable. Priority applications received after the deadline will be placed into the pool with all new applications.
- Returning camp families can access the 2020 application on their Campminder parent portal.
- Green Acres families who are new to camp can access the 2020 application link on their Green Acres School parent portal.
- Waitlisted families who have priority for this year are emailed the link. If you did not get it, please call the Camp Office at 301-468-8110.
- Green Acres School alumni need to call the Camp Office to get the link.
Please note: If you are a Green Acres school family but did not attend camp last summer, you will have to create a new username and password for your camp account - you may want to make it the same as your Green Acres School account to make it easier to remember!
All new applications will be accepted online beginning at 10:00 AM on January 14, 2020 and will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Begin a new camper application
Please note: You do not create a login ahead of time. You will do it when the registration opens on January 14 at 10:00 AM. This link will not be "live" until 10:00 AM on January 14. Please remember to refresh your screen to see the link and to have your credit card available.
Campers whose tuition and fees are not received by May 1, 2020 will be subject to withdrawal from Camp. Other than financial aid and extreme hardship cases, no payment plans will be approved.
Green Acres School Summer Camp reserves the right to dismiss, without tuition refund, any camper whose conduct is inappropriate or unsafe. Green Acres School Summer Camp reserves the right to cancel any program or service for insufficient enrollment. In such cases, tuition payments would be refunded. Green Acres School Summer Camp reserves the right to make substitutions of and/or changes to the activities offered.
Tuition grants are available and determined by financial need and availability of funds. To ensure objectivity, Green Acres School subscribes to the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). This service requires parents to send a Parents Financial Statement (PFS) with a small application fee. Based on the Parents Financial Statement, SSS considers total income, assets, number of dependents, age of parents, retirement provisions, and extraordinary expenses to calculate a family’s discretionary income. In situations of separation or divorce, each parent is required to complete all forms separately. All information is treated confidentially. A complete financial aid application requires the following forms and documents submitted by the deadlines below. You may contact the Camp Office for a fee waiver if you are unable to pay the application fee.
By March 1, 2020:
2. Complete the Parents Financial Statement (PFS) from School and Student Services (SSS). The Green Acres’ code is 3505. All parents/guardians must complete this form. If parents are divorced or separated, each parent/guardian must complete their own PFS. Please submit the form online at https://parents.nais.org/.
3. Upload a copy of your 2018 Federal Tax Return (including schedules) and copies of all 2018 & 2019 W-2s and/or 1099-Misc to the SSS website.
4. Upload a copy of IRS Form 4506-T to the SSS website (not the IRS). Do not send any money with this form.
Note: If you are already submitting SSS, tax return and 4506-T forms to Green Acres School for the 2020-2021 school year, you DO NOT need to also submit them for camp. You will need to still submit the Green Acres School Summer Camp Financial Aid Request Form.
The deadline for submitting financial aid requests is March 1, 2020. Only completed applications will be considered for financial aid. Notification will be made with the tuition bills on April 1, 2020. Families seeking camp financial aid must re-apply for camp financial aid each year.
If new applications for a particular age group exceed the spaces available for new campers, a waitlist of up to 15 campers will be maintained.
In order to be on the waitlist, the application and deposit must be submitted to the Camp Office and a letter confirming the waitlist spot will be emailed back to the applicant.
Openings can occur at any time before May. Once you are offered admission to Camp from the wait list, your deposit is NOT refundable. Those families remaining on the waitlist as of May 2, 2020 will be given priority status for the 2021 camp year. Camp tuition deposits submitted by check are held (not cashed) until a camp opening occurs for the waitlisted camper. Camp tuition deposits paid by credit card will be refunded if the camper is not offered a spot. You may remove your name from the waitlist at any time prior to an offer of a camp slot and your tuition deposit will be returned to you.
Should you need to withdraw your camper from Green Acres School Summer Camp, you must do so in writing. Your deposit of $250 cannot be refunded. If you withdraw after May 2, 2020 and before June 2, 2020 you will be responsible for fifty percent of your tuition. After June 1, 2020 you will be responsible for the full tuition.