For nearly fifty five years, Green Acres School Summer Camp has been operated by Green Acres School, a non-profit independent school, located in North Bethesda, Maryland.The staff is critical to the overall success of our camp program. This is a demanding and difficult (but fun) job! The camp is well known for the excellent program it provides—in part because the staff is committed and hard working.
To apply for a position, please read the tabs below and then fill out an application here. Email reference forms will be sent to the references you have listed. Please make sure you know the email addresses for your references prior to completing the application. We cannot consider your application until 2 references have been completed.
Camp will utilize more outdoor campus spaces in 2021. There will be many large tents, and we will create outdoor classrooms so that the cohorts can participate safely in a variety of activities. Campers will continue to eat outside, play on the multiple playgrounds, swim in the on-campus pool, and compete on the Green Acres field. Social distancing, mask wearing, frequent handwashing, and regular sanitizing of surfaces will be required. All camp employees will be trained in COVID-19 protocols.
Due to the constantly evolving COVID-19 landscape; these plans may expand or change to ensure the health and safety of our camp community and meet new requirements. At a minimum, Green Acres Day Camp's COVID-related protocols will comply with applicable State of Maryland mandates and align with Montgomery Country Health Division and American Camp Association. As we progress through the pandemic and towards the summer season, we may alter, cancel, or replace certain aspects of camp.
Each day, you can expect our staff to follow the following protocols:
- Staying at home with any of the aforementioned symptoms or if in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid-19
- Complying with any request by Green Acres Camp or the appropriate medical professional to get tested or quarantine
- Following all morning attestation protocol set forth by Green Acres Camp
- Monitoring campers for any signs of illness throughout the camp day
- Preventing the sharing of food
- Preventing the sharing of common items unless they are disinfected between uses
- Communicating with the Health Office as soon as any symptoms are suspected for campers/staff
- Implementing contact tracing protocol with all members of the camp community in relation to a suspected case of Covid-19
- While we cannot restrict staff activity outside of Green Acres Camp, we are asking them to seriously consider how their choices before and after the camp day affect the larger community
- Weekly on-campus testing
- Following and encouraging Green Acres Camp’s “Big Three”
- Physical Distancing: maintaining 6 feet of distance as much as possible
- Frequent handwashing (before/after activities, lunch, after sneezing, after coughing, after contact with bodily fluids, monitored as needed by age), disinfecting equipment and high use spaces throughout the day
- Wear masks.