The staff at Green Acres Camp and you, as parents, have one very important thing in common: the overall wellbeing of your children is our #1 priority! We both care about the physical, emotional, and social welfare of your children and want to do everything we can to ensure their safety. It's no surprise, then, that our camp program is consistently rated as one of the top day camps in the area, providing service for children ages 3–13.
Without further ado, here are the top five favorite reasons to attend Green Acres:
1. COVID Doesn’t Mean Compromise: We have implemented several new protocols that comply with both county and state mandates. But these best practices will not compromise campers’ fun experiences. Campers will still be able to enjoy all the things they love about camp, from playing and swimming with friends to enjoying a wide range of on-campus activities. It might look different, but you can rest assured that the fun remains!
2. Early Risers: We all know that trying to get you and your children up, dressed, fed, and out the door sometimes presents challenges. And if you have to be at work at the same time as the start of camp, that presents another challenge! But with optional AM Care, you can drop off your children with us as early as 7:30 AM, and we will provide supervised and structured activities until camp starts. You don’t even have to get out of your car; we will have a counselor outside to greet your camper!
3. Age Appropriate Always: At Green Acres, you will never have to worry about if your children are participating in activities that are above or below their level. Camp activities are designed to be developmentally appropriate and progressive as campers funnel through the units. Campers do everything according to their grade level, and their skills and interests are always taken into consideration.
4. Training Never Stops: We all know that counselors are the glue that holds a camp together; making sure that campers are consistently having fun while staying safe are their daily tasks. What you may not know is that the counselors at Green Acres are always seeking opportunities to grow and improve. Our staff meets weekly to plan and coordinate various aspects of the summer program. This summer, staff will also be effectively trained in all our new COVID protocols. That, combined with our vetted process of hiring experienced teachers and students on educational tracks, ensures that our counselors are well trained and prepared.
5. GAC Exclusives: All camps make time throughout the summer for arts and crafts and sports, but Green Acres has activities and experiences that you won’t get anywhere else. Our on-campus swimming pool with the beach entrance allows campers to learn to swim in a fun and safe way. Our swimming program is child-centered, based on the Red Cross swimming method, and taught by experienced counselors who swim competitively. Another Green Acres Camp exclusive is Gully, the outdoor amphitheater where campers start their day. During Gully, children will have a campfire experience with sing-alongs, game show competitions, birthday celebrations, and other community-building activities. The Staff Vaudeville Show, during which counselors show off any number of skills (singing, dancing, magic tricks, etc.), is yet another item on the list of what your camper can only experience here. We also provide academic enrichment that will ensure your campers are ready for the next grade—something we know parents will truly appreciate. There are also wonderful STEM education classes, such as Drone Zone, Game Wizards, and 3-D Creations. There are just so many examples of “only at Green Acres Camp”—you simply have to check out our camp website to read about all of them!
Green Acres is not just a camp; it’s a community, a family. We pride ourselves on providing superb experiences for both campers and their parents. Spend the summer with us, and we promise your camper will want to come back again and again!
- Welcome, Gloria! (January 2021)
- Learning to Pivot (November 2020)
- Lemonade Out of Lemons: Coping During COVID-19 (September 2020)
- Cool, Calm & Collected (August 2020)
- Summer Soundtrack (August 2020)
- Experimentation, Exploration, Encore! (July 2020)
- The Case for a Creative Space (July 2020)
- Creativity + Camp = The Perfect Combo (July 2020)
- Backyard Fossils (July 2020)
- Let's Get Cooking (June 2020)