Working at Green Acres
Employees at Green Acres School enjoy a collegial work environment on a beautiful campus. Staff have access to an excellent benefit package, professional development opportunities, and partial tuition remission for employees’ children who attend Green Acres.
Green Acres School does not discriminate on the basis of race; color; religion; sex; gender identity and expression; pregnancy; national, ethnic or ancestral origin; age; marital status; sexual orientation; disability; genetic information; or military service in the administration of its education, admissions, employment, and financial aid policies, and all school-administered programs. Green Acres School will reasonably accommodate an individual’s physical or mental disability as required by law. Green Acres School will also reasonably accommodate an individual’s religious obligations as required by law. Further information relating to reasonable accommodation is available from the Head’s Office.
Green Acres School Employment Form
The Green Acres School Extended Day Program (EDP) operates from 2:30–6 PM Monday–Friday providing childcare for children ages 3–14 years old who attend Green Acres School. EDP staff participate and assist in the program's activities to provide a nurturing and positive environment for the children in our care.
As part-time employees, EDP staff are paid for school holidays, as well as prorated personal leave and sick leave. EDP staff also may qualify to substitute teach during the school day or teach after-school enrichment classes.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to relate well with children and parents
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Holds a high school diploma or a certificate of high school equivalence
- Has completed courses for credit from a college/university
- Has successfully completed 6 semesters hours or 90 clock hours of approved Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) training
- Possesses at least 400 hours of experience working under supervision primarily with school age children in a licensed center, public or private school OR possesses a combination of college that includes 6 semester hours of approved classes and experience that equals one year.
- Has successfully completed approved pre-employment training
- Has completed Mandatory Continued Education as required by MSDE
- Possesses or will obtain CPR/First Aid training
- Has clear FBI/State Fingerprint reports
Please submit cover letter, resume, and Green Acres School Employment Application form by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: Green Acres School, Extended Day Program, 11701 Danville Drive, North Bethesda, MD 20852, or fax materials to 301.881.3319.
Please be ready to supply transcripts, certifications, or other documents verifying your qualifications as outlined by the State of Maryland.
Questions may be addressed to Gwen Garfinkle, Director of Extended Day, at email@example.com.
Green Acres School is seeking substitute teachers during the school day and after school.
Subject areas for school-day substituting include language arts, humanities, math, science, Spanish, social studies, PE, technology, and the arts (music, studio art, ceramics, photography, drama, and creative movement).
After school, substitutes are needed in the School's Extended Day Program, which operates from 3–6 PM.
Assignments range from 1–8 hours in a day and may cover more than one academic area or grade level. A full school day is 8 AM–3 PM. Paid training is provided.
- Teaching experience.
- Bachelor's degree. (A bachelor's degree may not be required to substitute in the Extended Day Program, depending upon the candidate's experience.)
To apply, please send the following three items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. One-page cover letter including:
- Days and times of availability
- Grades and subjects you’re comfortable teaching or willing to learn how to teach
- Your Educational Philosophy
- Why you’re interested in teaching at a progressive school
*The Employment Application has fields for direct typing. Before you type into these fields, please save the application file to your computer. Then open the file, complete the application, and re-save the document before sending it to email@example.com.