A YEAR OF CELEBRATIONS
- September 22 – Splash into the 85th! Back-to-School Picnic and Official Launch to the 85th, 4 PM
- November 3 – Family Traditions and Heritage Fair, 4 PM
- November 26 – Thanksgiving Lunch and Soccer Slam, 12 PM
- November 30 – Celebrate Larry Jodrie’s Retirement: all alumni, alumni families, staff, past staff, and current families invited
- December 4–7 – Book Festival
- January 11 – Green Acres Camp Summer in the Snow Celebration
- March 7 – 85th Anniversary Dinner and Auction
- April 18 - Community Day of Service: all alumni, alumni families, staff, past staff, grandparents, and current families invite
- May 27 – High School Alumni Reunion
- May 30 – Reception for Neal Brown
Dear Green Acres Community Members,
85 years ago this September, Alice Mendham Powell and a group of dedicated teachers and parents founded Green Acres School. Alice believed education was the engine of social change. Her vision for Green Acres was a place where children could participate in authentic learning experiences, spend time outdoors, foster deep connections with their teachers, and have their ideas matter. Just like back then, Green Acres teachers change the world—one curious, engaged, respectful, inclusive, and civic-oriented child at a time.
We are thrilled to be co-chairing this year of celebrating Green Acres School. We have wonderful events planned for our families, alumni, staff, and friends. Please save the date November 30, 2019 for an event in honor of Larry Jodrie’s 34 years at Green Acres. If you are unable to make that gathering, we hope to see you at some point during the year to celebrate Alice, her vision, and the school we are today. Here’s to 85 more years!
Diana Cohen '00, P'28, P'30
Michele Dreyfuss '79, P'16, P'21