As part of our Annual Giving Program, donors may create a Named Fund by making a gift in the amount of the current school year’s tuition (or higher) and by securing approval of the Executive Committee of the Green Acres Board of Trustees. These funds currently augment the School’s operating budget:
- Anne T. Goodrich Memorial Scholarship Fund: Established in memory of former School Director Anne Goodrich to augment scholarship aid to students.
- Arnold S. Cohen Fund for the Arts: Established in honor of the leadership of the former Head of School Arnold Cohen to augment the costs of special assemblies and visiting artists.
- Diversity and Inclusivity Fund: Established to honor the values upon which Green Acres School was founded: equity, understanding, and acceptance for all. The fund supplements staff professional development, parent education, student learning experiences, and community-wide diversity-related events.
- Mary and Rafael Hirtz Fund for ECU Enrichment: Established in memory of Mary and Raf Hirtz to provide program and playground funds for Pre-K and Kindergarten.
- The Janyne Oberdorfer Scholarship Fund: Established in memory of parent Janyne Oberdorfer, the fund supplements the existing financial aid budget.
- The Louis Silvano All-Staff In-Service Fund: Established in honor of the leadership of School Head Louis Silvano (2000-2008) to support expert lecturers and workshops for all-staff professional development.
- The Orloff Family Faculty Award: Established to honor faculty, the School gives this award annually to a member of the faculty in recognition of a significant contribution to the progressive education tradition of Green Acres School.