July 22, 2015
Parents’ Days, Theme Days, Fun Fridays, Movie Night; so many ways to celebrate being a part of Green Acres Camp! Our campers have been busy creating, learning, and growing. They have made friends and had fun. They have made connections with both campers and counselors, but camp has almost come to an end. How will your campers deal with saying good bye?
Children react to endings in a variety of ways. Some exchange phone numbers and promise to keep in touch. Some make keepsakes that will remind them of their experiences, and others become sad or even aggressive. Some children talk openly about their feelings, while others bury their emotions deep inside. How has your camper been dealing with the impending end of camp, and how can you help him/her?
- Acknowledge your child’s feelings, but don’t dwell on the negative. Highlight the positive aspects of camp and the fun your child had over the course of 6 weeks.
- Display keepsakes or artwork made in camp in your home. Compliment your child’s creativity, and reminisce about his/her experiences.
- Call and organize opportunities for your child to get together with camp friends. Don’t lose the connections made!
- If you are in need of a babysitter, consider contacting one of your child’s counselors! It can be a win-win situation for both your child and the counselor!
- Revisit what was learned in camp; songs, games, crafts, and even day trips! You will have a chance to maintain skills while enjoying positive memories of a great camp experience.
The staff at Green Acres Camp will end camp with entertaining activities that will focus on our key concepts; creativity, choices, friendship and fun. We hope memories have been created that you and your children can share throughout the year. Green Acres; it’s the place to be!
Choose groups to clone to: